Power of the Press Poster Contest
Signal-Return Announces A Poster Competition!
Artists, illustrators, designers, students: we want your best poster design. We are launching our second contest, and this year's theme is "The Power of the Press." "Power of the Press" is the theme of the city wide festival we're presenting in April 2017, so consider the topic and send us your best work!
- You will receive a private lesson in letterpress printing with our Printer in Residence, which will give you the skills to print your own edition.
- This private guided lesson will entitle you to then utilize Open Studio to produce future artwork
- We will sell your posters in our shop and split the proceeds with you 50/50
- We will cover the costs of producing your original limited-edition poster.
- Design is for an 18 x 24 inch poster, three colors maximum
- Design should be submitted in either PDF or PNG format
- Design may be image and text, image only or text only
- Please title your entry but DO NOT use your name in the title of the file
- Upload your design using the form below
- Free to enter, one design only
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT: December 16
WINNERS ANNOUNCED: January 13
COMPLETED EDITIONS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE: April 8, 2017
Mark Arminski—artist and printer of iconic posters for concerts featuring Iggy Pop, The Beastie Boys and musicians across the nation.
Tyanna Buie—Assistant Professor/Section Chair Printmaking at The College For Creative Studies in Detroit
Sarah Rose Sharp—visual artist, arts writer and 2015 Kresge Fellow.
Please submit your name, email and phone number below to enter. Limit one entry per person.
File must be PDF or PNG format.