This celebration of arts in our Eastern Market neighborhood takes place Thursday, September 24 from 7 – 11 PM and we’re hosting two exciting events.
1. Resourcing Your Practice: A lively discussion on successfully navigating tools and platforms for funding creative work.
Guest speakers to be announced
Free and open to all, no RSVP needed
Sponsored by Creative Many and Kresge Arts in Detroit
From 6 – 8 PM
2. Announcing a contest and an invitation:
Artists, illustrators, designers and anyone inspired by Detroit’s rich musical heritage, we want your best poster design. To help you get inspired, we’ll have paper samples, examples of letterpress posters and prints for you to look at, along with letterpress printing demonstrations. That evening we’ll have more contest information (timeline, submission information and a list of jurors). Full information will also be available on our website after the September 24 date.
From 8-11 PM
Free and open to all, No RSVP needed.
We’re looking to select three winners, and if your design is selected, here’s what happens:
1. Your work will be produced as a limited edition print
2. You will receive a private lesson in letterpress printing with our Printer in Residence, which will give you the skills to print your own edition.
3. This private guided lesson will entitle you to then utilize Open Studio to produce future artwork